Engaging for every reader
- 5 daily news articles – Monday-Friday, 52 weeks a year.
- 3 Lexile® levels – allow each student in a class to read the same article at their own reading level.
- Wide variety of topics – high-interest Australia/New Zealand and world news as well as arts and entertainment, sports, science and technology, animals, wacky news and kids in the news.
- Multiple languages – available in English, Spanish, and French.
- Searchable archive – students and educators can search by keyword or category to find previously published news articles.
Wondering how the editors at myON News decide which articles to publish each day?
Supports digital and media literacy
myON News articles are created for students. Every news article is written by professional journalists and reviewed by a child psychologist to ensure they are age-appropriate for K–8 students. In the case of sensitive news, psychologists help find the right words to explain things to young readers.
Which headline do you want your students reading?
News is reported in a way that is appropriate for younger grade levels, even when discussing sensitive topics.
Putting more fun into nonfiction
Each article incorporates engaging multimedia — videos, slideshows and photo galleries — to help students better understand the news. Accompanying maps show where news is occurring.
Tour of multimedia features
Audio support in multiple languages.
Maps show where news events are occurring relative to the reader.
Other fun and interactive tools to enrich and interact with the reading experience.
Visibility into Reading Activity and Engagement
Metrics for educators include the number of articles students have read as well as the categories and articles that are most popular.
Seamlessly connect articles to book reading
Students can research topics of interest further using the myON Reader digital library platform.