Assessment-driven reading practice and digital access to motivate, engage, and inspire every learner
Move students more quickly toward mastery of national standards with targeted reading assessment, 24/7 access to a digital library offering as many as 6,000 books, and goal-driven, personalised reading practice with quizzes for nearly 55,000 titles.
Renaissance products, used together, provide a complete literacy growth solution that empowers educators to motivate students, measure literacy skills, and monitor progress toward state-specific learning standards. Along with access to digital books, articles, and personalised goals for every student, teachers can seamlessly tap into instructional resources that have the greatest impact on growth and achievement.
Together, Star Assessments, Accelerated Reader, and myON Reader bring you:
More choice, access, and tools to motivate
Students have more choice in what to read plus they can choose how they want to read: print, digital, online, offline. In addition, educators have more resources and tools to:
- Model with individuals, a small group, or class
- Create and assign projects, view activity
- Build vocabulary and close reading skills
More reports and insights to inspire
Teachers have deep, rich, holistic insight into students’ reading practice with real-time data on student engagement. Along with rich reporting from Star Assessments and Accelerated Reader, myON reports let teachers know:
- When students are reading
- What and how they’re reading
- Words they’ve looked up
More measures to track growth
At the beginning and ending of each marking period, teachers can use Renaissance Star Reading® and Renaissance Star Early Literacy® for student placement and growth measurement. Then, with the addition of myON assessments, as students work to achieve their personalised Accelerated Reader goals, teachers can:
- Assign a growth check every 2-3 weeks
- Intervene and remediate as necessary
- Keep all students on track to mastery
HOW THE PRODUCTS WORK TOGETHER:
Bringing assessment-driven personalised practice and digital access together to spark amazing growth!
Star Assessment data helps direct your students’ independent reading activity by feeding the goal-setting tools in Accelerated Reader.
Personalised reading suggestions in both Accelerated Reader and myON engage students through self-selected reading practice. Students can choose to read anytime, anywhere — in print or digital format.
Watch students excel in print and digital independent reading and master critical vocabulary, literacy, and close reading skills as they read, work through activities in myON, and connect to Accelerated Reader quizzes.
Rich data and reporting from Accelerated Reader, myON, and Star Assessments offers deep insight into students’ reading activities, growth, and mastery to help teachers guide each student to the desired outcomes.
A literacy growth solution helps maintain high NAPLAN results in Victoria.
Ever since implementing Accelerated Reader, Oakleigh South Primary School in Victoria has seen amazing outcomes in literacy results and the development of a thriving reading culture.
Learn more about the products in the Renaissance literacy growth solution
- Worldwide leader in trusted, reliable measurement of student growth
- Identify where students are today and what they’re ready to learn next
- Highly predictive of NAPLAN summative testing
- Personalised goal setting that drives effective, differentiated reading practice and delivers results
- Nearly 60,000 reading comprehension, vocabulary practice, and literacy skills quizzes
- Deep data insights help teachers guide every student to greater levels of achievement
- Digital books — over 6,000 fiction and nonfiction titles with engaging interactive literacy tools
- 24/7 access, both online and offline — books for every child, anytime, anywhere
- Matches students with personalised reading recommendations, based on reading level and interests
- Real-time visibility into student reading activity and progress