Achieve higher results in NAPLAN with Accelerated Reader
Ever since implementing Accelerated Reader, Oakleigh South Primary School in Victoria has seen amazing outcomes in literacy results and the development of a thriving reading culture.
It was also recently listed in the top ten Victorian schools based on academic results.
Anthony Rowe, Assistant Principal at Oakleigh South Primary School, shares some tips and ideas around implementing Accelerated Reader and provides insights into how the school has maintained consistently high NAPLAN results with the program.
PERSONALISED LEARNING PATHS TO IMPROVE LITERACY OUTCOMES
Above average NAPLAN results Year on Year
Oakleigh South PS NAPLAN Scores
Oakleigh South Primary School is now focused on maintaining their high level of literacy results.
The data accessible in the Renaissance suite is invaluable in predicting and monitoring results throughout the year to ensure a high level of academic outcomes.
In fact, an independent study has found significant links between Renaissance assessment results and NAPLAN results, offering schools a real opportunity to create personalised learning paths that ensure all students improve their results year on year. You can download the report below.
Year 3 top 2 bands – 5 year trend
Year 5 top 2 bands – compared to similar schools
Oakleigh South PS Pedagogy
- Point of Need Groups x2 per week for Writing & Numeracy in Years 2-6
- Reading comprehension tasks x2 per week
- Reading diaries that track progress towards Accelerated Reader goals and ensure accountability between home and school
- Morning reading for all year levels every day from 8:45am-9am
- Integrating the library into the Accelerated Reader program
- Using myON as a tool to enhance the Accelerated Reader program, motivate students and access during remote learning
- Explicit reading strategies are taught every day
Let’s discuss using Renaissance at your school: