Official Rules for myON Summer Reading Contest
The myON Summer Reading Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Renaissance Learning Australia Pty Ltd. (“Renaissance” or “Sponsor“). The Contest is open to all schools in Australia (“Schools”). Any School to whom the awarding or delivery of any prize would violate any federal, state or local statute, regulation, order, rule, or other law or School polices is not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Unaccepted prizes may not be awarded. The reference to “You” in these Rules refers to the legal entity set out in the contest form that operates a School.
Agreement to Rules:
- You agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and the Terms of Service and License for accessing myON Reader set forth at https://doc.renlearn.com/KMNet/R62069.pdf;
- You agree to be fully unconditionally bound by the decision of Renaissance which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest; and
- You represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements and that your participation in the Contest does not violate any of your policies or any federal, state or local statute, regulation, order, rule, or other law.
The Contest begin on December 1, 2018 at 8:00am AEDT and end on February 28, 2019 at 5pm AEDT (“Contest Period“).
How to Participate:
To register to participate in the Contest visit http://www.renaissance.com.au/summer-reading-contest/ and fill out the form. You must fill out all the required fields on the contest form. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, and be submitted during the Contest Period, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Renaissance. You may enter only once. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Renaissance.
Upon Renaissance verifying your registration, Renaissance shall provide you with a user name and password for your employees and students enrolled in your School to access myON Reader.
Winner Selection and Notification:
On March 5, 2019, Renaissance will identify one first place winner and seven runners up (the “Winners”). This is a Contest of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winners of the Contest. The first-place winner shall be the School that has read the most number of books in myON Reader during the Contest Period. A runner up from each state or territory of Australia, excluding the state or territory where the winner is located, shall be the School in each state or territory of Australia that has read the most number of books in myON Reader. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT RENAISSANCE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The first-place winner of the Contest will receive a 12-month subscription to myON Reader for no cost subject to the Winner agreeing to Renaissance standard terms and conditions for commercial licenses of myON Reader. The runners up of the Contest shall each receive a $200 book voucher. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Renaissance. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Renaissance’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winners. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
Winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Renaissance and its designees to use the School name, School address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner and with any materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for, any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest.
To the extent permitted by law including the Australian Consumer Law, Released Parties (as defined above) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries, posts; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials.
To the extent permitted by law including the Australian Consumer Law, Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
Nothing in these Rules limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify Sponsor’s liability in relation to the statutory consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Disputes: THE CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF NEW SOUTH WALES AND EACH PARTY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY SUBMITS TO THE NON-EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS OF NEW SOUTH WALES. . As a condition of participating in the Contest, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New South Wales having jurisdiction. Further, to the extent permitted by law including the Australian Consumer Law, in any such dispute, you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable legal fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Renaissance Australia, myON Reading Contest, Suite 3, Level 4 221-229 Crown Street Wollongong by April 10, 2019. Requests must be received no later than April 10, 2019 at 5pm AEDT.
- Miscellaneous: Renaissance reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should causes beyond Renaissance’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Renaissance may select the Winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Renaissance. Renaissance reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Official Rules. Renaissance has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Renaissance reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.